Microsoft has recently released the SQL Azure Q4 2011 changes. Previously in October at the PASS conference we heard about the SQL Azure Q4 release for 2011 and now the release is live with much enhanced features on scalability, monitoring, and management of the data. Initially the maximum size of the SQL Azure database was 50GB which is now increased to 150GB and for the customer who usse the maximum size, the cost remains the same. For the new 150GB maximum SQL Azure database usage Microsoft charges a very nominal fee of $499.95.
Some of the major enhancements of the SQL Azure Q4 2011 release are as follows:
- Size of the database increased from 50GB to 150GB
- SQL Azure Federation
- Metro Style SQL Azure Portal
- Enhanced Import/Export DAC CTP
- Enhanced User Control Collation
- Enhanced Database Administration and Management
In our upcoming articles we will see the new features in detail, with nice examples and screen shots.