StatCVS 0.5.0 Released With Twitter Features!
We are pleased to announce the StatCVS 0.5.0 release!
StatCVS retrieves information from a CVS repository and generates various tables and charts describing the project development, e.g. timeline for the lines of code, contribution of each developer etc. The current version of StatCVS generates a static suite of HTML documents containing tables and chart images. StatCVS is open source software, released under the terms of the LGPL. StatCVS uses JFreeChart and JTreeMap to generate charts.
Changes in this version include:
Main New Features:
- A few TWITTER Integration features... comments welcome, follow @benoitx
- Charts are now very configurable: size, colour, background image, logo, copyright notice etc.
for instance one can now configure the use profile to have the developer's twitter details and also display some Twitter widgets, either FLASH or HTML, see http://statcvs.sourceforge.net/statcvs/user_benoitx.html
The StatCVS are also peppered with some "Tweet This!" links that will help your project to gain more visibility on Twitter. eg
- Add charset option.
- Added suggestion for a 12m rolling Developers report. Thanks to Muhammed Nasrullah.
- A bit of fun, added links to Twitter. In the statcvs.properties file defining the user, See manual
- Charts are now configurable, See manual
- Add ability to MERGE 2 users through the config-file user.[userName ] .replacedBy=[newUserName ]
- Add Cloud Tag based on most frequent words in the commit comments.
- Add Ability to put a background image in the Plot or entire chart.
Using StatCVS is quite trivial:cvs -d /cvsroot checkout modulename
Create a CVS log file:cvs log > logfile.log
Run StatCVS:java -jar /path/to/statcvs.jar /path/to/module/logfile.log /path/to/module
This command creates the HTML reports in the current directory. A comprehensive manual is available online.
Issues, bugs, and feature requests for statcvs should be submitted to the following issue tracking
-The StatCVS development team and http://www.appendium.com