Successful TDD on iOS
There are so many challenges to getting test driven development right. Check out this video that discusses the highlights.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
TDD on iOS is hard, but could be successful.
Here is the video from AltConf 2015 presentation we made with Glen Tregoning
Test Driven Development on iOS has presented some challenges due to lack of tools and support from Apple. This talks is how to achieve TDD and BDD on iOS:
- continuous integration Jenkins, Xcode bots
- break down and parallelize builds
- setup simulator with preset state
- Facebook, Permissions
- Unit Spec, App Specs, Acceptance Tests
- Fakes, Mocks
- Stub network calls for tests
- Test data modeling
- Running backend locally for tests
- Image comparison to assert on expected look
- Recommending tooling to help overcome the challenges of Apple’s limited support
- Swift to ObjC bridging
Published at DZone with permission of Paul Zabelin. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.