Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
- Don’t add process until you feel the pain of not having it.
- Don’t build new technology until you feel the pain of not having it.
- First make it possible. Then, make it beautiful. Then, make it fast.
Growing from 2 people to 3 people.
Other interesting points from the presentation:
Over-engineering = Attempting to create beautiful software without a thorough understanding of the problem domain.
Premature optimization = Optimizing before creating “beautiful” design, creating unnecessary complexity.
Refactoring and reducing technical debt = Garbage collection for the code base.
- W needs to be refactored
- X deploy should be faster
- Y needs more unit tests
- Z needs more documentation
The presentation is available here.
Published at DZone with permission of Nishant Chandra, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.