At Venture Beat’s CloudBeat I moderated two panels, the first was with PayPal and Puppet Labs and the second was with Disney, CloudStack and SwiftStack.
After the Disney panel I grabbed some time with SwiftStack’s CEO and Founder Joe Arnold. SwiftStack is based on the OpenStack storage project, Swift, and helps operations teams implement and manage an easy-to-use, multi-tenant and highly scalable private cloud storage platform.
Take a listen to what Joe has to say:
Some of the ground Joe covers
- [0:20] What is SwiftStack?
- [0:56] Where did Joe get the idea for SwiftStack
- [2:15] What additional pieces does Swift Stack add to OpenStack’s Swift project?
- [3:26] What is coming down the pipe? (Spoiler alert, it has to do with Erasure coding and Storage policy)
- Full Support for Global Clusters Now Available in OpenStack Object Storage – Syscon media
- OpenStack Object Storage (“Swift”) – Wiki