Tapestry 5.1 final release now available
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The stable release for Tapestry 5.1, release 126.96.36.199, is now available for download.
Tapestry 5.1 includes a large number of improvements to the speed and scalability of Tapestry without sacrificing backwards compatibility. However, you should still consult the upgrade notes, which identify a couple of minor "gotchas".
Major improvements from Tapestry 5.0 to Tapestry 5.1:
- Performance optimizations that speed rendering of very complex pages, and reduce memory usage
- Automatic GZIP compression of static and dynamic content, for clients that support it
- Significant improvements to Tapestry's property expression language
- Partial page updates (via Ajax) may now update multiple client-side Zones
- Many new features and improvements to Tapestry template files
- Improved client- and server-side validation of numeric input values
- User's preferred locale is now encoded into the URL, rather than stored in a cookie
- A new ProgressiveDisplay component for incremental page loading
- Vastly improved Maven Quickstart Archetype
- New Tapestry IoC features to make it easier to override services and contributions to service configurations
- Many new localizations of validation messages
- Component reference documentation now identifies events triggered by components
- Really slick new client-side logging facility (based on Blackbird)
- New API for URL rewriting (to provide improved control over Tapestry URLs)
... and many, many more bug fixes and improvements; full details are available in the release notes.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.