Through the connector, developers are able to instantly resume coding sessions when switching RTC work items. The Mylyn/Tasktop interface will also allow developers to automatically track and update time estimates on user stories. One of the best parts of having a Mylyn connector however, is the ability to link between RTC and the rich ecosystem of more than 50 other ALM tool integrations. Although there is already a basic Eclipse integration for Team Concert, the Mylyn connector complements this integration by configuring the development environment around RTC tasks, such as work items. This environment complies with Mylyn's mantra: 'display only the relevant code, docs, or web pages.'
With the RTC Mylyn connector, you can:
- Access RTC work items from your personal task list in Mylyn
- Track and update RTC work items along with tasks from other repositories that have Mylyn connections (ClearQuest, Bugzilla)
- Access the task list offline
- Synchronize the 'in-progress' RTC task status with the 'active' tasks in the Mylyn task list
- Access RTC's work item editor from the task list
RTC is built on the IBM Jazz platform, which integrates tasks across the software lifecycle. Team Concert is a complete agile collaborative development environment that enables planning, source code management, work item management, build management, integrated reporting, process support, and project health.
The Mylyn project recently restructured into several sub-projects for greater organization and efficiency. The sub-project labels included Tasks, Context, SCM, Build, Review, and Docs.