Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
The Nexus Suite is uniquely architected for a DevOps native world and creates value early in the development pipeline, provides precise contextual controls at every phase, and accelerates DevOps innovation with automation you can trust. Read how in this ebook.
Below are a few resources I've found useful when doing TDD in iOS.
- Test-Driven iOS Development - the only TDD book specific to iOS. It goes over implementing a fully functional iOS app using TDD, from the data layer all the way to the UI.
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code - although not specifically geared toward iOS, this book is the authority on how to work with untested code (legacy code) and how to safely make changes to it, all by applying TDD.
- OCUnit (SenTestingKit) / XCTest - testing unit frameworks built directly into Xcode
- OCMock - Objective-C implementation of mock objects. Provides features such as class mocks, stubs, protocol mocks, expect/verify and many more
- OCHamcrest, OCMockito, Kiwi, GHUnit, Cedar - other unit testing tools that you might find useful
- CoverStory / lcov - code coverage of your unit tests.
- Screencasts from NSScreencast - TDD-related screencasts
- Intro to TDD for iOS part 1 and part 2 - taking a Tic-Tac-Toe game through the TDD process
- OCMock and UIAutomation tutorials - writings about mocking objects and the UI Automation tool
- iOS Unit Testing - dedicated website for iOS Unit Testing
- Unit Testing iOS Applications - online course on unit testing iOS applications, covering OCUnit, GHUnit, OCMock, and how to test view controllers, notifications, singleton, and gesture recognizers
- Testing View Controllers - technical article from objc.io around testing table views, table view controllers, data sources, and nib files
- Testing Concurrent Applications - technical article from objc.io around testing asynchronous code
The DevOps Zone is brought to you in partnership with Sonatype Nexus. See how the Nexus platform infuses precise open source component intelligence into the DevOps pipeline early, everywhere, and at scale. Read how in this ebook.
Published at DZone with permission
Mihai Fonoage, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.