Test Studio continues to make testing even easier with the third major update of 2016. Check out what's new in the latest release.
The third major Test Studio update of the year just came out and it adds loads of new bits to our API testing and mobile testing solutions.
Some of the highlights include:
- iOS 10 Support: R3 2016 Test Studio for Mobile adds support for the latest iOS version.
- Support for NativeScript: Test Studio users can now easily instrument their NativeScript apps to make them testable with Test Studio. Leverage a plugin that has been built specifically to extend your app with a few quick commands. See more on NativeScript support.
- Hybrid Support for Android Apps: Now you can connect your Android hybrid apps to Test Studio and record/execute actions and verifications against them. All the features that we have for native app testing will be available for hybrid as well—elements, DOM explorer, test lists, results, etc.
- Enhanced Web Mobile Recording Experience: The Test Studio DOM explorer now reveals app element attributes during mobile web test recording.
- Fiddler Integration: Fiddler fans, rejoice! As promised with the initial launch of API Testing in June, Beta 2 adds support for Fiddler. Export your Fiddler recorded traffic into a .saz file and easily upload it to Test Studio. You can now create a Test Studio API test from these Fiddler traffic logs or plug them into an existing API test.
- Various UX Optimizations
Test Studio Core
- Support for Angular: Customers using the Angular framework (Angular 1.x as well as Angular 2) to build web apps can use Test Studio to easily test their apps.
- Recorder Startup Page: We are replacing the recorder startup page with launch and navigation dialog inside Test Studio. This will enable users to take advantage of a couple of new features: auto-complete and history of previous recording sessions.