The Best of 2018 Predictions on Digital Transformation
Take a look at the top headlines for how businesses will be utilizing Agile methodologies throughout the year.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Now that January is behind us and I have been able to read up on all the latest predictions for digital transformation in 2018, I wanted to highlight some of my favorites that resonated with me and I think they will resonate with you also.
- By the End of 2019, DX Spending Will Reach $1.7 Trillion Worldwide, a 42% Increase from 2017 - IDC Top 10 Worldwide Digital Transformation (DX) Predictions
- By 2019, All Digitally Transformed Organizations Will Generate at Least 45% of Their Revenue from "Future of Commerce" Business Models - IDC Top 10 Worldwide Digital Transformation (DX) Predictions
- 20% of CEOs will fail to act: As a result, those firms will be acquired or begin to perish. - Forrester 2018 Predictions - A Year of Reckoning
- By 2020, five of the top seven digital giants will willfully "self-disrupt" to create their next leadership opportunity. Gartner Top Strategic Predictions for 2018 and Beyond/ Pace Yourself, for Sanity's Sake
- Individuals are increasingly asserting their desire to communicate and collaborate however they want, using their choice of tools. Employees ─ particularly millennials — don't just prefer to use their own devices, they also want to use their own applications. - Dimension Data Top IT Trends for 2018: digital workplaces
- Digital disruptions shows no sign of being reduced in frequency or impact. Instead, those who seek value from technology-based options must move faster as their bimodal IT efforts move into high gear. - Gartner Top Strategic Predictions for 2018 and Beyond/ Pace Yourself, for Sanity's Sake
- Over the next 18 to 24 months, we will likely see CIOs begin reengineering not only their IT shops but, more broadly, their approaches to technology. - Deloitte Insights Tech Trends 2018 - The symphonic enterprise
- By 2020, we expect that the 'new normal' operating model will be customer- and context-cantered. That is, companies will change the way they interact with their customers based on the context of the exchange. They will offer a seamless omnichannel experience, through a smart balance of human and machines.- Financial services technology 2020 and beyond: Embracing disruption
- Seventy percent of healthcare companies are looking to digitize their operations in order to facilitate growth. While healthcare organizations see the value of digitalization, just 3 percent have completed digital transformations across their enterprises, while 54 percent of the organizations are testing or piloting digital transformation programs. - SAP Digital Transformation Executive Study: "4 Ways Leaders Set Themselves Apart"
- And one last one from me - 2018 will be the first year AI is truly harnessed in large scale enterprises to optimize software delivery and accelerate digital transformation.
Published at DZone with permission of Steve Elliott, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.