The Ultimate Chatbot Development Guide for a Niche Edge
If you’re planning to create a chatbox for an enhanced business edge, look no further! Learn more about chatbot development with this complete guide.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Enterprise concerns or requirements in chatbot development have been progressing rapidly without much hindrance. With the coming of artificial intelligence development services, the need for contextual communication to simulate almost human-like responses has become inevitable. The fact that it can be effortlessly deployed and automated is even more beneficial.
Chatbots are being pushed in development for dynamic intelligence to engage in contextual communication giving users human-like interactions through real-life situations. This is a trendy and promising path that is now carried out by every software development company as there is a dire need to provide a transformative user experience and also in narrowing down enterprise hassles.
Chatbots also use machine learning services to handle user requests, provide relevant information or be the go-to person for fetching instant information. Target market reach of businesses is now powered through messaging platforms for easy user communication and in gaining useful insights as the chatbot is integrated into these messaging platforms.
And we’ll help you with chatbot development with this complete guide if you’re planning to create one for an enhanced business edge.
Things to Consider While Building a Chatbot
- A keen eye for details will help you build a chatbot that offers great value.
- Ascertain the purpose for building one by analyzing the pain points it’s going to resolve.
- The method of building — either rule-based approach that uses machine learning services, hard coding for self data streaming, and learning.
- Basic chatbot or one with a rich AI brain using artificial intelligence development services for understanding the natural language of users.
- Choose the apt hosting platform (Slack, Kik, Discord, etc.) and services (Microsoft bot frameworks, Wit.ai, IBM Watson, etc.) that can be leveraged to build the chatbot.
- People without programming skills can use services such as Motion.ai, Chatfuel, Octane AI, etc.
- In the pursuit of understanding user intent, a software development company will implement artificial intelligence development services, NLP (natural language processing), and APIs (application programming interface) to heighten its understanding capabilities. Aylien API, Text Summarization API, Twinword Text Analysis Bundle API, etc. are some of the best ones out there.
Design Elements for Chatbot Development
By making it cohesive to the messaging platform you’ve chosen to deploy, you should go for these top elements to suit the platform’s purpose, moment, and most of all, provide a user-friendly and rich experience. They are:
- Interactive buttons will help users make faster and more prompt decisions.
- Get Started Button is an intuitive feature that prompts the user to activate bot functions.
- Cards in blocked containers (links, text, images, and buttons) can be selected by users to assist them with useful information.
- Smart Reply can be a context-aware feature of bots when it has useful information to help users with fast and automatic responses to the chatbot’s query without them having to do anything.
- Quick Reply is a response button for users that allows them to send their response messages to the chatbot.
- Persistent Menu lets users navigate to other chatbot sections that are not readily available.
Successful Chatbot Development Practices
- Know your potential users/target audience and the purpose to be served by the bot such as entertain users, assist with sales/purchases, provide news updates, in the most user-friendly manner.
- Associate with user sentiment, make them comfortable with a rich emotional interface, and meet their expectations through friendly language to help sustain conversations.
- Assure a warm and persuading welcome to users to make them engage in a conversation through different elements and actionable commands.
- Guide them through the conversation through actionable statements, or elements by analyzing their previous app or website experiences.
- Understand your chatbot's limits when user concerns or issues get out of scope or become hard to handle for the chatbot, wherein prompt human support should kick in.
- Always ask their feedback/inputs (negative or positive), or lodge complaints so that you can make your bot much better for future scenarios.
Ideal Ways to Promote Your Chatbots
Draw the attention of your target market by addressing their pain points and how your bot can help resolve them. This will attract the right audience or users because you have addressed their concerns through your promotional efforts. Through the same strategy, you can spread enhanced awareness about your chatbot which will help you fetch more users no matter what.
Use Specialized Catalogs to Promote Your Chatbot
By using such dedicated platforms, you can gain a dedicated promotion for your chatbot among your target audience. The other specialty with such platforms is that they have people using it all the time and are worthwhile with major potential in pushing your bot’s power. Moreover, these days almost every software development company has been making good use of such specialized catalogs exclusively for its potential promotion and in attracting the right prospects/users. Undoubtedly, it can also be said to be high in your favor to find an initial success for your chatbot. Some of the major catalogs that can be used for promotion are given below:
- Cat Bottle
- Bot Family
- And more!
Leverage the Power of Media for Your Chatbot
Having a good coverage of your chatbot in popular media is essential in assuring that you get the attention you need for the targeted audience you intend to help. This field is sure to attract you with the right users and bring an instrumental increase in registrations for trying out your chatbot. The most effective coverage for your chatbot in media is highly essential as well.
To make your business and chatbot interact with a better user base, try creating and promoting a referral program for your chatbot. This is a very simple, yet powerful, strategy. By introducing a referral system it will encourage users to spread the word (organically) about your chatbot with good perks. Not only is this system highly reliable, but it also acts as one of the sources through which you can bring in new users. Daily registrations will increase by good numbers all in favor of your chatbot.
Chatbot development is better done when your bot is packing multilingual aspects — this ensures users find it convenient to address their pain points or concerns. Almost all users like to converse in their native tongue and if you built a chatbot that can understand and respond in their language, it is an obvious winner. So equip your chatbot to speak several languages so that it attracts users from different locations. Since your chatbot can converse in the language of specific demographics, we can say that it is well equipped to attract any kind of user.
User Rating for Your Chatbot
This is a highly crucial strategy used by almost every software development company of the modern era. By requesting users to rate your chatbot, companies can establish a prime position in their niche. Even the negative user-ratings should be treated the same as you would with a positive one — though you may not enjoy reading them, reading them will help you know what is lacking in your chatbot and where there is room for improvement, so you can exceptionally improve the user experience.
So make sure you follow all the above in your chatbot development and the future of your venture will look much brighter. And don’t forget about using artificial intelligence development services and machine learning services to make your chatbot even more potent.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.