ThinkUI Data Generator 1.0.1 Released: More Custom Generators Added
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
ThinkUI Software Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of ThinkUI Data Generator 1.0.1.
This release adds support for more custom generators (e.g. SIN/SSN, Postal/ZIP codes, credit card numbers) as well as support for the HSQLDB and H2 databases.
About: The ThinkUI Data Generator is an Ant based tool that allows testers and Java developers to quickly generate custom data for testing purposes. The data generated can be customized by providing the appropriate statistics as well developing custom generators and/or data writers.
Features Added in Version 1.0.1 (January 27, 2009)
- Added support for HSQLDB Database (class thinkui.db.hsqldb.HSQLDBJDBCDataObjectManager).
- Added support for H2 Database (class thinkui.db.h2.H2JDBCDataObjectManager).
- Added custom generator for generating random Canadian Social Insurance Numbers (SIN).
Note: the generated data will probably be INVALID but will have the correct check digit as per the Luhn algorithm.
- Added custom generator for generating random Candian postal codes with user configurable format.
Note: the generated postal code may not be valid but the prefix digit will be according to the specified province code.
- Added custom generator for generating random U.S. Social Security Numbers (SSN).
- Added custom generator for generating random U.S. ZIP codes with optional ZIP + 4 code.
Note: currently there is no support for decoding a ZIP code to the corresponding state/city/county.
- Added custom generator for generating random credit card numbers with optional CVV2 and expiry date data distribution. The generated card numbers will have a reasonable prefix digits as per the specified credit card type (The 6 major credit cards are supported).
Note: the generated data will be almost guaranteed to be INVALID but will have the correct check digit as per the Luhn algorithm.
- Added support for nested <param> tag to support more complex parameters in custom data generators.
For example, the custom CreditCardGenerator supports customizing the "card_expiry_generator" parameter to specify how the expiry date should be generated.
- Added support for specifying custom attribute value formats for the various data object writers. The default attribute type format can be replaced with a custom pattern and/or Format object generator for a given attribute. The <format> XML tag is an optional child element of the <attribute> element.
- Fixed missing FloatGenerator class in thinkui_datagen.jar file.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.