ThinkUI SQL Client 1.0.8: New Batch Code Generation Feature
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
ThinkUI Software Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of ThinkUI SQL Client 1.0.8.
About:The ThinkUI SQL Client is a graphical program that allows Java developers to browse a database structure, edit data in the tables, issue SQL queries, and generate code (e.g. Java Bean, DAO, SQL queries, JSP files, etc.) based on customizable Velocity templates.
Changes:The main feature of this release is support for "batch" code generation via Apache Ant.
Features Added in Version 1.0.8
- Added support for SQLClient "batch" mode to support custom code generation via Ant (class thinkui.sqlclient.ant.GenerateTask in batch/thinkui_sqlclient_ant.jar)
- Added support for generating Ant build.xml file for all tables matching a given pattern (class thinkui.sqlclient.ant.GenerateCodeGenBuildXMLCommand in batch/thinkui_sqlclient_ant.jar)
- Added support for filtering DB_CONNECTION records in various viewers.
- Added "New" button for creating a new Query in "List Queries" viewer.
- Improved error handling by displaying any error encountered when executing a command in a popup dialog (as well as displaying it in the message bar).
Bugs Fixed in Version 1.0.8
- Fixed stack overflow bug with DB connection pick list in the Generate Code viewer.
- Disabled "Apply" button when a given data object does not have a primary key.
- Display an error message when "OK" or "Apply" is pressed and no data is provided for a new data object.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.