ThinkUI SQL Client 1.0.9
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
About: The ThinkUI SQL Client is a graphical program that allows Java developers to browse a database structure, edit data in the tables, issue SQL queries, and generate code (e.g. Java Bean, DAO, SQL queries, JSP files, etc.) based on customizable Velocity templates. You can download it here thinkui_sqlclient-1.0.9.zip.
Features Added in Version 1.0.9 (January 7, 2009)
- Added support for generating Ant build XML file for CREATE TABLE and INSERT SQL statements.
- Added support for executing SQL via a keyboard shortcut "<Ctrl> + <Enter>" in the SQL Query Viewer.
- Added support for undo/redo in text fields, text areas, SQL query viewers, and text file viewers.
- Added support for generating Ant script for use with ThinkUI Data Generator. The script allows test data to be quickly generated for the selected database tables. The generator can automatically include dependent tables in the correct order (based on a topological sort of the dependency tree).
- Added support for loading the cache model meta data - LATEST (as specified by the "Load Meta Data" user preference). This feature is useful when the database meta data is slow to load due to network connection and/or JDBC driver (ORACLE).
- Added support for copying selected value in popup menu for data object list viewer.
- Added support for popup menu in data object viewer (useful for data generation purposes).
- Added support for Line Wrap option in text file viewer.
- Added audit trail columns to FILTER table.
- Added popup menu support in data object viewer.
- Added popup menu support in text file viewer and add cut/copy/paste as well as line wrap option in the text file viewer.
- Added support for rendering truncated data (in the SQL Query Viewer and List Rows Command) in distinctive colours (pink stripes).
- Added support for showing "(null)" in tool tip for null values in text components to distinguish from empty strings.
- Added support for copying the selected column value from the data object list viewer popup menu.
- Modified logic to translate char(1) column with names ending with "_IND" to be Y/N character types.
- Added support for "shutdown" of Cloudscape/Derby embedded databases. This feature is useful since the Cloudscape/Derby database cannot be access by more than one process when running in embedded mode.
Bugs Fixed in Version 1.0.9 (January 7, 2009)
- Fixed DataClass caching bug - should be cached for the same DB connection.
- Fixed meta data manager for determining a PARENT/CHILD relationship between tables. Now, only a cascade relationship between two tables will result in a PARENT/CHILD relationship. All other cross reference import rules will default to a generic RELATES relationship.
- Fixed insert() for PostgreSQLJDBCDataObjectManager to auto generate sequence name based on the primary attribute column name (if specified). Otherwise, use the attribute name.
- Fixed loading of sequence name from saved meta data.
- Fixed missing caption attribute names in generated code from SQL query meta data.
- Fixed bug in table/column name in generated SELECT SQL in the case the table/column name in the saved meta data is an empty string.
- Fixed logic to not add a string length constraints for PostgreSQL "text" column type.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.