ThinkUI SQL Client 1.1.0 Released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
About:The ThinkUI SQL Client is a graphical program that allows Java developers to browse a database structure, edit data in the tables, issue SQL queries, and generate code (e.g. Java Bean, DAO, SQL queries, JSP files, etc.) based on customizable Velocity templates. You can download it here thinkui_sqlclient-1.1.0.zip.
Features Added in Version 1.1.0 (February 23, 2009)
- Added support for closeable tabs (requires Java 1.6 or higher). The popup menu for tab supports "Close Tab", "Close All Tabs", and "Close Other Tabs".
- Added support for table and column names that requires quotes (i.e. containing mixed cases and/or spaces). The generated queries will be quoted as needed based on whether the database meta data.
- Added supported for saving and restoring the SQL query history. The most recent query in the SQL Query viewer will be saved in a file in the "db" folder as .sql.
- Added support for "Copy As" function (upper/lowercase, Java class name, identifier, constant name, etc.) and "Change Case" function (upper/lowercase) actions in the popup menu of various viewers.
- Added support for popup menu in code generation viewer and template file viewer.
- Modified ViewDataObjectEditorCommand to only allow one data object viewer to be opened for a given data object (i.e. a JFrame or JDialog).
- Added supported for HSQLDB and H2 databases. The customized data object manager classes are thinkui.db.hsqldb.HSQLDBJDBCDataObjectManager and thinkui.db.h2.H2JDBCDataObjectManager respectively.
- Added the "createsql" command to generate the SQL CREATE statement for a given table name. The related FK constraints and sequence/trigger (if applicable) will also be created. The "describe" command will now simply generate the SQL CREATE statement with no FK constraints information.
- Added FK_RELATIONSHIPS parameter support for GenerateSQLCreateTableCommand.
- Renamed various library jar files to exclude specific version numbers.
Bugs Fixed in Version 1.1.0 (February 23, 2009)
- Fixed the SQL Viewer to preserve the column sort order when the viewer is refreshed or when an SQL query is executed with the same columns in the result set.
- Fixed the disabling of the "OK" and "Apply" buttons in Data Object Viewer when the "Apply" action was not successful.
- Fixed hardcoded package name in import statements in Bean DAO and Bean SearchCriteriaData templates. Instead, the package name of the various classes will be based on the Bean DAO package name.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.