ThinkUI SQL Client 1.1.1
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
About:The ThinkUI SQL Client is a graphical program that allows Java developers to browse a database structure, edit data in the tables, issue SQL queries, and generate code (e.g. Java Bean, DAO, SQL queries, JSP files, etc.) based on customizable Velocity templates. You can download it here thinkui_sqlclient-1.1.1.zip.
Features Added in Version 1.1.1 (March 17, 2009)
- Added support for table/column comments (remarks) as DataClass/Attribute "description". The "Generate SQL Create Table" command was updated to support the generation of the corresponding "COMMENT ON TABLE/COLUMN" statements.
- Added support for displaying the current row/column in the TextFileViewer and SQLQueryViewer in the status area of the message bar. This information is useful for debugging purposes.
- Added support for invoking the "Save" command using a keystroke accelerator (Ctrl-S) in the TextFileViewer.
- Added hint text to show the actual error message for fields with invalid values in the DataObjectViewer (currently such fields are rendered with a red background but no details of the error was provided).
- Added hint text to show the detail of a date/datetime field in the DataObjectViewer.
- Added hint text support for the various objects in the DataObjectTreeViewer.
- Added feature where selected rows in the DataObjectListViewer and SQLQueryViewer can be "Marked" or "Unmarked". Marked rows are rendered with a distinctive highlight and provides a way to identifier objects accross multiple queries.
- Added new "Resource -> List Columns" code generation command to help illustrate the new $codeGen.nvl() method as well as the new support for the column comments (via Attribute.getDescription()).
- Added support for removing selected rows from the DataObjectListViewer and SQLQueryViewer. (note: the rows are simply removed from display, no rows will be deleted from the database table).
- Updated installer to automatically copy any user jar files from the "lib" directory when performing an upgrade. In addition, the query history for the various connections will also be copied (*.sql files from the "db" directory).
Bugs Fixed in Version 1.1.1 (March 17, 2009)
- Fixed bug related to the saving of the latest SQL query in the SQL Query Viewer. In the previous version, only the selected text in the viewer will be saved. In the case where nothing is selected or all is selected, the query text will correctly be saved.
- Fixed bug with incorrect column labels in DataObjectListViewer when columns are reordered and a sort or refresh is performed.
- Fixed bug related to the result message in the SQLQueryViewer which was not properly updated in some cases.
- Fixed bug related to the setting and clearing of the "truncated results" colour indicator in SQLQueryViewer and DataObjectListViewer.
- Fixed bug related to determining whether or not a viewer has already been opened when a double-click is performed on the tree viewer on command related tree nodes.
- Fixed bug with ViewDataObjectEditorCommand to not store a reference to a JDBCDataObjectManager. Instead, make call to lookupDataObjectManager() as needed to handle the case where a database connection was closed and a reconnection is needed.
- Fixed bug related to importing Query data from the "ThinkUI SQL Client" project.
- Fixed bug in CodeGeneratorViewer to only allow one instance of a TextFileViewer to be opened to view/edit the corresponding template file.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.