ThinkUI SQL Client 1.1.2 Released: Improved Support for Blob/Clob
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The ThinkUI SQL Client is a graphical program that allows Java developers to browse a database structure, edit data in the tables, issue SQL queries, and generate code (e.g. Java Bean, DAO, SQL queries, JSP files, etc.) based on customizable Velocity templates. You can download it here thinkui_sqlclient-1.1.2.zip.
Features Added in Version 1.1.2 (May 6, 2009)
- Added prompt for user to save all modified queries in the SQLQueryViewer. The name of the saved file or query is shown in the SQL query.
- Added support for saving queries on a per table basis. The query will be saved in the "db" folder in a file named "<DB connection name> - <Table Name>.sql".
- Added support for invoking the Refresh, Delete, Save commands via the keystrokes F5, <Delete>, and <Ctrl>-S respectively for all applicable external viewers.
- Added support for "Refresh" menu item in the popup menu for the DataObjectViewer.
- Added support for importing data from a file into a BLOB/CLOB column (for an existing record).
- Added support for exporting data from a BLOB/CLOB column to a file.
- Added support for popup menu in SQL Query Viewer.
- Added support for performing INSERT for primary key column configured with sequence name.
- Added support for editing/saving CLOB/BLOB/VARBINARY/LONGVARBINARY/LONGVARCHAR as either Text or Hex. Note: the value will be not editable if the value is not fully loaded (i.e. truncated).
- Added support for customizing the table cell renderer for Blob attribute types.
- Added support for openning file in text file viewer.
- Added automatic prompt for creating a new DB Connection for first time installation.
- Added logic to clear the license owner field is whenever the license key field is edited.
- Added support for supplying the optional properties for a JDBC connection. This is needed to access optional "REMARKS" meta data for ORACLE database.
- Added thinkui_sqlclient.exe wrapper executable for Windows platform.
- Fixed SQLClientViewer to pickup the "max rows" preferences immediately after the preferences is updated.
- Fixed bug with <Escape> key in various dialogs to ensure that the action is interpreted as either No or Cancel (if appropriate).
- Fixed "Refresh" command in SQL Query Viewer to be properly configured in the case where the query changes (but the columns returned do not).
- Fixed "Data Class" selection being reported when no data object is selected.
- Fixed cut/copy/paste menus throughout to ensure the actions are only enabled when appropriate.
- Fixed SQLCreateTableTemplate.vm to generate "CREATE SEQUENCE" statement (if applicable for the database) before the "CREATE TABLE" statement.
- Fixed bug with improperly configured toolbar in the TextFileViewer opened via the ViewSelectedFileCommand.
- Fixed enable/disable actions when the license key is updated.
- Fixed data type for Hibernate Java bean/XML mapping file generation for Binary/Blob/Clob data types.
- Fixed the mark/highlight feature to handle the case where there are duplicate objects in the DataObjectListViewer (i.e. the SQL query does not include the primary key column).
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.