ThinkUI SQL Client 1.1.3
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The ThinkUI SQL Client is a graphical program that allows Java developers to browse a database structure, edit data in the tables, issue SQL queries, and generate code (e.g. Java Bean, DAO, SQL queries, JSP files, etc.) based on customizable Velocity templates. You can download it here thinkui_sqlclient-1.1.3.zip.
Features Added in Version 1.1.3 (June 23, 2009)
- Improved refresh performance when deleting a large number of objects that causes a refresh to occur in the DataObjectTreeViewer. Now, the tree viewer will wait until the last record is deleted before simply refreshing the parent tree node.
- Added support for setting the "Prompt On Exit" user preference.
- Added support for COMMA_SEPARATOR and VALUES_SEPARATOR parameters to provide more control of the formatting of the generated SQL statements. This was done mainly to support generating SQL statements on a single line.
- Added support for "Copy As" -> "String Expr" command. This command is intended to be used to save SQL queries for used in Java code to create DAOs. The command will copy the selected query or all text in the viewer if nothing is currently selected. Spaces will be automatically added to the end of a line if not preceded/followed by a separator character.
- Added support for quickly creating Query object from the selected query in the SQL Query Viewer. Also, added "Save" menu item to popup menu. The selected text will be truncated to max. of 4000 characters.
- Added support for displaying the current text length in the component tooltip.
- Added support for updating the desktop frame title when the viewer tab selection changes.
- Added support for customizing Look & Feel and the standard (5) application fonts.
- Added support for showing table/column comments in generated JavaBean.
- Added support for showing tooltip in combo box to display the selected value.
- Added support for "Ctrl-N" to invoke the "New" command. Currently, this is used for initiating a "new" data object in the DataObjectViewer. Combined with the "Ctrl-S" accelerator to invoke the "Save" command, this improvement will allow for faster data entry.
- Added support for "Copy Attribute - Value/Name/Description" in the DataObjectListViewer popup menu.
- Added support for capturing attribute description (column remark). The remarks will be truncated to 255 chars (if needed) to prevent problem inserting to DB.
- Added support for capturing attribute description (column remark).
- Added support for saving Query objects from SQL Query Viewer using the "Save" icon or keyboard short cut (Ctrl-S). Previously, the query had to be saved via the DataObjectViewer. Also, the "File" label will be the ID of the Query record and the hint text will be the query name.
- Added support for importing SQL queries (e.g. SELECT statements) from parsing files. Currently only searching for constants in Java code is supported The queries are saved to the Query table for a particular project and is limited to 1024 chars.
- Display the count of related tables in title of result viewer for "List Related Tables..." command.
- Improved display of busy indicator. The indicator is delayed until at least one (1) second has passed and the command still has not completed. In addition, the progress indicator will show an "Indeterminate" progress animation if the percent complete is not available.
- Improved performance for loading data model attribute meta data by adding DATA_MODEL_ID column to DATA_ATTRIBUTE and DATA_RELATIONSHIP tables. This allows the data to be loaded with few queries.
- Added support for generating DataObject copy code (similar to JavaBean Copy).
- Added new "Classes" tree node under "Data Model" for listing all the data classes in a given data model. Support double-click as well as the "List Rows" command.
- Fixed potential GUI deadlock on initial startup when a dialog is displayed to prompt the user to create a DB connection *before* the desktop frame is fully displayed. This issue only seem to appear on certain JVM using the thinkui_sqlclient.exe wrapper.
- Fixed CREATE SQL table code generation template to handle the case where a table does not have a primary key. In this case, we should not generate a primary key constraint.
- Fixed the generated file name for SQL CREATE TABLE/INSERT/UPDATE/SELECT query code generation commands in the case where multiple tables are selected as well as when generate Ant build XML file option is selected.
- Prompt the user to restart the application (and force application to exit) in the case where an upgrade copied a user library jar file.
- Fixed refresh of various pick list when filters, DB connection, models, and projects are inserted or deleted.
- Removed "Cancel" button in the viewer for various "list" commands when the viewer is not stand-alone.
- Fixed performance issue when deleting a large number of data objects (100s). The batch flag is set in the event to prevent unnecessary GUI refresh until final event.
- Fixed bug with "New Data Model" in the case the command context of the selected tree node is overridden with a user database connection.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.