5 DZone Articles to Get You up to Speed
1. 5 Steps to Successfully Prepare for Microservices, by Kristijan Arsov. This article can give you some tips on how to plan ahead for the structure your microservices, and also the teams who will work with them.
2. Characteristics of Good APIs, by Erik Dietrich. Understanding the properties of a useful API will make it easier for others to interact with. Gain some great insight on API building here.
3. Microservices Architectures: 3 Overlooked Considerations, by Steffi Li. Microservices bring value for businesses, but also add complexity. Addressing these concerns early will help make the process smoother.
4. Introducing Anypoint Connector for Cassandra, by Nathan Nam. There is now a connector in Anypoint Studio for the Apache Cassandra distributed database. This tutorial will help you get this integration set up.
5. The Importance of Standardized API Design, by Keshav Vasudevan. Learn how to standardize your API's design to make it more intuitive for others to develop on your API.
Integration on the Web at Large
1. Kony, KMC Controls Use Microservices To Drive Velocity, Variety for Mobile, IoT Apps, Vance McCarthy for Integration Developer News.
2. IPaaS: The Future of Integration or a Bridge to Nowhere?, Jonathan Razza, June 2, 2017.
3. API Design for Low-Code Development - A Glimpse into Next ‘Best Practices,’ Shay Shmeltzer, Director of Product Management for Oracle Cloud Development Tools and Robert Wunderlich, Product Strategy Director for Oracle Cloud Integration and APIs.
Here you can find a few integration-related opportunities from our Jobs community. See if any catch your eye and apply today!
Software Engineer - Microservices and Integration
Owens Asia, Inc.
Location: Clark Freeport, Central Luzon, Philippines
Experience: More than 3 years of solid and relevant experience in designing and implementing interactive, responsive, data-intensive Java applications.
Dive Deeper Into Integration Concepts
1. DZone's Guide to Integration: Microservices, APIs, and Platforms: a free ebook download.
2. Reactive Microservices With Lagom and Java: DZone's latest Refcard on microservices.