This week the big news is the coming HDF 2.0 and the release of Apache NiFi 1.0 Beta. NiFi has a redesigned UI, more processors and more production level features.
HDF 2.0 is released with a ton of improvements including Ambari integration, Spark 1.0, Zero Master Clustering, Zookeeper, Storm Ambari views, updated UI, multi-tenant authentication and more.
Apache NiFi has released 1.0.0-Beta which includes an incredible number of changes and a new very modern fast UI. I definitely recommend evaluating this interesting software.
- Using NiFi 1.0 to Processing Incoming Emails with Attachments.
- The New NiFi 1.0 UI
- Slowly Changing Dimensions in Hadoop with Phoenix and NiFi
Spark Machine Learning
- Spark and K-Means
- Simple Voronoi
- Spark Food Recommendations
- Spark Naive Bayes for Reuters Data
- Spark Streaming Log Aggregation
IoT in Java
A cool article for working with Sensors (IoT) using Intel Edison and Java.