This Week in Hadoop and More: Strata NYC 2016 Edition
Tons of new frameworks, tools, products and ideas that have come out during and after Strata.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Open Realtime Websocket Server is an interesting product that could be used for big data dashboards.
I wrote a quick NiFi template that read all the tweets from Strata, pulled out images and ran TensorFlow Image Recognition on them. It also analyzed the message for sentiment. A lot of that content is interesting. I recommend scanning through the tweet stream for #StrataHadoop.
- Analyzing Flickr Account with Apache NiFi
- An interesting tutorial of Spark Streaming with MQTT And Splice Machine's Real SQL on Hadoop
- Data Science Crash Course
- Introduction to Spark with Zeppel Crash Course
- How to do Image Captioning with Google TensorFlow
- Complex Event Processing at Scale with WSO2 Open Source
- Encrypted Shared Editing Pad is a great tool for sharing a secure editing screen.
I have found a large number of very useful Big Data presentations from Strata Hadoop World 2016 NYC.
- Practice Machine Learning Tutorial from Strata Hadoop World 2016 NYC
- Machine Learning in Python from Strata Hadoop World 2016 NYC
- D3.js Tutorial from Strata Hadoop World 2016 NYC
Using Big Data often requires standard enterprise tools that need to be accelerated. Reactive programming can empower Java and Spring applications to work at real-time streaming / big data scale. Check out An interesting Spring Cloud Stream Processor by my friend Vinicious and this interesting announcement on Making your Java 8 Applications Reactive with Reactor 3.0 GA. Here is a great example of Reactive Programming in Java.
Analyzing Images in HDF 2.0 with TensorFlow.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.