Presentation layer design patterns are covered in Android and Swift this week, along with static shortcuts in the latest release of Nougat and a really useful optimization tip for your Swift apps.
There's some solid advice in this list of Best Practices for Building Android SDKs.
In Retrofit 2 and the @Body Problem you'll learn how to get around a problem with using Proguard alongside Retrofit 2.
Presentation Layer Patterns in Android Using Rx shows how RxJava can be used with the MVVM and MVP patterns.
Some projects to check out:
- appbarlayout-spring-behavior: Enables a spring effect, like the Twitter app
- RadarChartView: Android widget for rendering radial diagrams
- BluetoothHelper: A library that makes your app’s Bluetooth operation so easy
- FanLayoutManager: A horizontal lists layout with items that move like fan blades.
Whole-Module Optimization in Swift could give your app a 2x to 5x performance gain, so it really is worth investigating.
The latest release of CocoaPods 1.1.0 is worth a look, with XCode 8 support and improve support for new Swift versions.
In your mission to reduce the size of your ViewControllers, check out this article which discusses .
Realm's latest video is a talk around Building a User-Centric Security Model in iOS Applications. There's also a three-part video series where Daniel Steinberg discusses what's new in Swift 3.
Choosing a JSON Mapper is tough in Swift, so here’s a that lets you compare three (Marshal, Mapper, and Unbox).
Some more projects to check out:
- BouncyPageViewController: Page view controller with bounce effect
- Macaw: Powerful and easy-to-use vector graphics Swift library with SVG support
- FontAwesomeKit.Swift: A better choice for iOS developer to use FontAwesome icons
- Koyomi: Simple customizable calendar component in Swift
- Each: Elegant timer interface for Swift projects
A Critical Analysis of the iOS 10 Lockscreen Experience talks about one of the more polarizing features of the new version of iOS.
Finding it hard to get everything done? Here are 5 Amazing Ways Productive People Master Their Time. On the other end of the spectrum? Here are 8 Apps That Will Make You Less Productive!
While it may seem obvious to some, it's worth keeping in mind the Three Pillars of Successful Tech Products; Growth, Engagement, and Monetization.