This Week in Spring (Nov. 30)
Pivotal's Josh Long recaps the most exciting Spring news since last week.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
My goodness the time has flown! We’re already staring down the beginning of 2016!
Welcome to another installation of This Week in Spring! This week I’m in beautiful Casablanca, Morocco for Devoxx Morocco! This is the fifth Devoxx this year — with events in Belgium, UK, France, Poland and now Morocco — and I have the rare honor of having spoken at all of them! #fullDevoxx
We’ve got a lot to cover this week so let’s get to it!
- Spring Boot 1.3 has just been released! This is the most epic release of Spring Boot yet and I won’t even try to do the release notes! Just go check it out and visit theSpring Initialzr
- Spring framework 4.2.3 has just been released!
- Netflix have just announced the open-sourcing of their build-and-bake pipeline for continuous delivery - project Spinnaker. It’s interesting for lots of reasons, but one of them is that it’s written using Spring Boot!
- I’ll be coming to Washington DC with several of my cloudiest friends - join us!
- There’s a new checkbox on the Spring Initializr to enable the Ratpack Spring Boot integration!
- There’s also a new checkbox on the Spring Initializr to enable Activiti
- Stephane Nicoll and Brian Clozel gave a great talk introducing Spring Boot at last week’s Devoxx BE
- I gave a talk introducing Spring Cloud at the same show
- and the amazing Oliver Gierke gave a talk introducing the latest-and-greatest in Spring Data, also at Devoxx BE
- our pal Matti Tahvonen, from Vaadin, has put together a very cool post on using Spring Boot, Spring Data, etc., with Vaadin and Portlets
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.