This Week in Spring: Talks, Releases, Surveys, and More
Here's everything happening in the wonderful world of Spring this week.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! This week I am in beautiful Tokyo, Japan, where I just spoke at the always lovely annual Spring Fest event. I loved the show, and I hope that the audience got something out of my performance.
Last week was tough. Possibly the toughest week of my life. I didn’t publish an episode of A Bootiful Podcast, as such. You won’t see that episode reflected on the blog because it was my heartbroken dedication to my father, who passed away last week at the age of 81. No interview in that brief, less-than-20 minutes episode.
I’m feeling a little better and was glad to come back to the work of writing this blog and find that there was an absolute ton of good stuff to read and consume. I hope you get something out of it, too!
- Flight of the Flux 3 — Hopping Threads and Schedulers — check it out!
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.1.4.RELEASE & 1.2.2.RELEASE are out now!
- Spring Session for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 2.1.7.RELEASE and 2.2.1.RELEASE are available now.
- Spring Boot 2.1.x EOL November 1st 2020 — be sure to check this out.
- Learn how LAIKA, a premier stop-motion animation studio in Portland, OR, uses RabbitMQ. I found this really interesting!
- Please take this survey to help us know what you’d like to change about Spring Cloud Data Flow.
- Fellow Java Champion and Jetbrains’ Trisha Gee concludes her epic series looking at Reactive Spring just in time for Christmas with this latest installment introducing RSocket.
- Not strictly related to Spring, but generally good advice for anyone interested in software architectures: Simon Brown’s introduction to layers, hexagons, features, and components is a worthy read.
- DZone has a nice post on implementing Spring Boot with Spring Data JPA. Check it out!
- Thanks, everyone! The @SpringData handle has crossed 30,000 followers!
- Our friends at Alibaba have open-sourced their Alibaba RSocket Broker supporting meshes, streaming, and IoT, among other things!
- Greg Turnquist published a nice video called Five Reasons to Use Spring Boot. Watch it now!
- I loved this second introduction to Spring Data Neo4j’s new Reactive implementation.
- This SpringOne Platform 2019 talk RabbitMQ & Kafka is now online and worth a watch.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Constructing Real-Time Analytics: Fundamental Components and Architectural Framework — Part 2
10 Traits That Separate the Best Devs From the Crowd
How to Implement Istio in Multicloud and Multicluster
Integrating AWS With Salesforce Using Terraform