This Week in Spring, December 8th, 2015
We're near the end of the year in the world of spring. The biggest news is the new Spring 5 roadmap, due to JDK 9 delays.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to another installation of This Week in Spring! This week I’m in Chicago speaking to customers and then it’s off to Washington D.C., and New York City for Cloud Native meetups! I hope you’ll consider joining us at either event!
Time sure is flying! We’re darned close to 2016!
Anyway, as usual, lots to cover so let’s get to it!
- I really like the looks of this Caffeine local cache. It uses a pretty interesting algorithm to ensure near optimal cache hits It already features a JSR 170 (JCache) integration which means using it could be as simple as configuring the JCache adapter along with Spring’s Cache abstraction.
- I really enjoyed Pivotal Labs’ Brian Kelly’s presentation, Spring Boot for Rails Developers. Check it out!
- 3Pillar has an interesting post on using Spring Boot with Docker
- Spring Framework lead Juergen Hoeller has revisited the Spring 5.0 roadmap in light of the recent 6 month delay for JDK 9
- Spring RestDocs lead, Spring IO Platform lead, and Spring Boot ninja Andy Wilkinson has just announced that the Gradle dependency management plugin 0.5.4.RELEASE is now available
- Spring Cloud and Cloud Foundry ninja Scott Frederick has just announced that the Spring Cloud Connectors 1.2.1 are now available
- Simon Baslé and Laurent Doguin’s presentation on using RxJava with Spring Boot is now available on InfoQ
- our pal Petri Kainulainen is at it again, this time with a post on adding custom methods intoall Spring Data repositories
- I really enjoyed Biju Kunjummen’s blog on using the Spring Cloud auto-configured
RestTemplatewith Netflix Ribbon
- ..as well as on using Spring Cloud’s support for Hystrix
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.