Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! We’re already staring down the last weeks of February!
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke has just announced Spring Data Goslin SR4 containing 45 bugfixes. Get it while it’s hot!
- Want to learn more about Spring Data Gosling? Check out this replay of Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke’s introduction to the new bits
- Craig Walls’ epic Spring Boot in Action is available and temporarily at a discount! Get it while it’s hot!
- the first milestone of Spring Integration 4.3, the last in the 4.3 series, has arrived! Lots of small new features to tide you over before Spring framework 5 and the reactive support there become the baseline for Spring integration 5
- I wanted to take a moment to warn you of the dangers of the internet and posts like this that seek only to encourage disabling the banners of Spring Boot-based applications. This is a terrible idea! How will you ever get Amazing banners like this Nyan Cat banner and the
ImageBannerPR proposed here? I wasn’t originally going to include this article in This Week in Spring (as a matter of principal!) but was consoled upon this epic response from the epic IntellIJ IDEA developer Yann Cébron demonstrating that the checkbox that previously disabled the Spring Boot banner was no longer enabled! :D
- there’s an interesting example of configuring OpenUI5 based on Spring Boot
- Our pal Nicolas Frankel’s written up a nice blog on managing logs with Spring Boot
- Want to use Apache CXF with Spring Boot (in 2016) to build a SOAP web service?
- I did an interview with InfoQ on Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and microservices in general
- Speaking of IntellIJ, the first preview of the new version 16 is out and contains updated support for Spring MVC, Spring framework, and Spring Boot as well as updated Kotlin support! Check out the bits and file issues if you discover anything
- Our pal Eberhard Wolff gave a good talk at JAX on building microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud: check it out!