This Week in Spring: Apache, R2DBC, Spring Tutorials, and More
Learn more about the latest and greatest happenings in the Spring community.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring — and what a week it is! I’m at the epic annual eventapalooza that is Oracle CodeOne (formerly JavaOne). I just finished a talk today on reactive programming and I’ll have another talk on Kotlin later in the week. Don’t miss it!
You may also like: Spring Tutorials and Guides [Links]
Meanwhile, we’ve got a ton to get to this week, so let’s get to it!
- If you listen to one podcast this week, listen to this latest and greatest installment of A Bootiful Podcast. This week, we hear from Spring Framework co-founder and lead, Juergen Hoeller, on Spring Framework 5.2, open-source, deciding the themes for a new release, and his legendary journey as lead of Spring Framework.
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.1.1.RELEASE & 1.2.0.M2 are available now!
- Spring Cloud Greenwich.SR3 is out.
- Spring Vault 2.2 M1 is available now!
- Check out Reactor teammate Simon Basle’s talk on RSocket from the epic JavaZone 2019 event last week
- The Spring Initializr — start dot spring dot io — now supports dark mode!
- I really like this technical comparison of API Gateway technologies, including Spring Cloud Gateway. Check it out!
- I’d like to see Flyway supporting R2DBC, our reactive SQL datastore access SPI. Wouldn’t you?
- It’s really great that Pivotal, along with organizations like Alibaba and Netifi, launched the Reactive Foundation, whose first project will be RSocket.
- The FreeCodeCamp blog has an interesting looking tutorial on Spring Boot — check it out!
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.