This Week in Spring: SpringOne Platform Wrapup
Come check out what's new in the world of Spring after the conclusion of SpringOne!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I’m recovering from a crazy awesome week at SpringOne Platform while visiting customers here in summer-time London.
We’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- There were several wrapup blogs from last week’s SpringOne Platform event, including the two we published on this very blog for day 1 and day 2 and the posts on Pivotal’s main blog for day 1, day 2, day 3, and the final call.
- While we’re at the Pivotal blog, those of you wondering about Blockchain on Cloud Foundry might appreciate this post.
- SpringOne Platform was filled with excellent keynotes, all of which are available online already (or will be soon). Naturally, you have to watch Adrian Cockroft (@adrianco)’s excellent Simplifying the Future keynote: “Let’s just do Spring Boot on Cloud Foundry.”
- Want to know about the future of the leading application server on the JVM, Apache Tomcat, for whose development Pivotal is a large sponsor? Check out this InfoQ interview with Pivotal’s own Mark Thomas.
- Last week we had the likes of James Governor from Redmonk and Charles Humble from InfoQ taking in the show and talking about it. I liked Charles Humble’s coverage of the first day keynote - Diversity Takes Centre Stage on First Day of the SpringOne Platform Conference.
- And his coverage of the second day, which focused on the Spring 5 framework roadmap.
- I also really liked James Governor’s quick vlog on SpringOne Platform and his talk.
- I loved Pivotal CEO Rob Mee’s short-and-sweet keynote, as well. Thanks Rob!
- Last week Ordina’s JWorks division announced 1.0 of their Microservices Dashboard, as well.
- Last week Stormpath unveiled 1.0 of their Spring Boot SDK live at the show. Want to learn more? Check out this upcoming webinar.
- The IntelliJ IDEA folks have updated their coverage on Spring Boot.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.