Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I’m recovering from a crazy awesome week at SpringOne Platform while visiting customers here in summer-time London.
We’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- There were several wrapup blogs from last week’s SpringOne Platform event, including the two we published on this very blog for day 1 and day 2 and the posts on Pivotal’s main blog for day 1, day 2, day 3, and the final call.
- While we’re at the Pivotal blog, those of you wondering about Blockchain on Cloud Foundry might appreciate this post.
- SpringOne Platform was filled with excellent keynotes, all of which are available online already (or will be soon). Naturally, you have to watch Adrian Cockroft (@adrianco)’s excellent Simplifying the Future keynote: “Let’s just do Spring Boot on Cloud Foundry.”
- Want to know about the future of the leading application server on the JVM, Apache Tomcat, for whose development Pivotal is a large sponsor? Check out this InfoQ interview with Pivotal’s own Mark Thomas.
- Last week we had the likes of James Governor from Redmonk and Charles Humble from InfoQ taking in the show and talking about it. I liked Charles Humble’s coverage of the first day keynote - Diversity Takes Centre Stage on First Day of the SpringOne Platform Conference.
- And his coverage of the second day, which focused on the Spring 5 framework roadmap.
- I also really liked James Governor’s quick vlog on SpringOne Platform and his talk.
- I loved Pivotal CEO Rob Mee’s short-and-sweet keynote, as well. Thanks Rob!
- Last week Ordina’s JWorks division announced 1.0 of their Microservices Dashboard, as well.
- Last week Stormpath unveiled 1.0 of their Spring Boot SDK live at the show. Want to learn more? Check out this upcoming webinar.
- The IntelliJ IDEA folks have updated their coverage on Spring Boot.