This Week in Spring: Spring 5 Bean Registration and Staying Motivated
If you haven't been keeping up with Spring, check out a tutorial about Spring 5's programmatic bean registration and how to motivate strong dev teams.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! As usual, we’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- Spring ninja Stéphane Nicoll has just announced Spring Boot 1.4.5 and 1.5.2, both of which are packed with small improvements and bug-fixes.
- Spring Security ninja Joe Grandja just announced Spring Security OAuth 2.1.0 and 2.0.13. This release includes new features supporting JSON Web Signature (JWS) verification using JSON Web Key (JWK). This feature provides support for authorization servers and have implemented key rollover/rotation.
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch just announced Spring Security 4.2.2, a bug-fix release.
- I liked this InfoQ interview with the Spring Cloud Data Flow’s Eric Bottard.
- Last week, continuing the Spring Tips series, we looked at Spring 5’s programmatic bean registration.
- Christophe has put together a nice look at container networking on Pivotal Web Services with Spring Cloud — check it out!
- Spring ninja Stéphane Nicoll also just announced Spring Framework 4.3.7, a maintenance release.
- The folks at Solace, makers of a message broker, have put together a nice post introducing their Solace Spring Boot starters.
- The NewStack has a nice look at Apache Geode.
- While this has nothing to do with Pivotal, it’s very interesting: former Rent the Runway CTO Camille Fournier talks about motivating strong (dev) teams. Worth a watch!
- Another great talk from community legends Matt Raible and Micah Silverman at the Kentucky Spring User Group on Prospecting the Security Landscape with Spring Boot, Zuul, and Stormpath.
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke just announced the Ingalls SR1 and Hopper SR8 releases.
- I liked this very interesting Twitter discussion starting with the Spring team’s Rob Winch looking for good options for integration tests.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.