This Week in Spring: Circuit Breakers, Pipelines, and Kubernetes
A look at the latest developments in the Spring World. This week, check out nifty circuit breaker designs, getting Cloud Foundry working with Kubernetes, and more!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hello and welcome back to another installment of This Week in Spring! Can you believe we’re now two months until 2017 — time sure is flying! This week I’m in Los Angeles, California, USA, and then it’s off to London for µCon 2016, Devoxx Belgium, and Oredev. If you’re at any of these events be sure to say hi! Now, without further ado let’s get to it!
- First, be sure to check out this webinar on Spring Cloud Contract by Marcin Grzejszczak.
- Spring Data ninja Mark Paluch just announced that Spring Vault and Spring Cloud Vault 1.0.0.M1 are now available.
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch announced the release of Spring Security 4.2.0.RC1 with lots of new features and updates.
- In last week’s “Spring Tips” installment I looked at circuit breakers in Spring, including the Hystrix circuit breaker and the new circuit breaker functionality in Spring Retry.
- Related, Spring Cloud team member Ryan Baxter shared new support for retrying Ribbon-load balanced requests.
- Spring Cloud Pipelines lead Marcin Grzejszczak just announced Spring Cloud Pipelines M2.
- Spring Security and Spring Security LDAP 2.2.0 lead Rob Winch just announced Spring LDAP 2.2.0.
- Check out this post on the Pivotal engineering blog on building Spring Cloud Data Flow sinks.
- The Cloud Foundry foundation is helping to standardize the service broker model from Cloud Foundry to make it work for Kubernetes.
- Our pal @making has put together a useful one-off task for Concourse CI to run a Flyway database migration.
- Grails Framework 3.2.2, based on Spring Boot, is now available.
- I really enjoyed this handy, printable ZeroTurnaround cheat sheet detailing some of the common Spring ecosystem annotations and how they help.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.