This Week in Spring: Gradle Plugin, Cloud Foundry, and Spring Boot
In this installment of This Week in Spring, we've got quite a few interesting announcements, including a new Gradle plugin and a lot of cool Spring Boot additions.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to another installation of This Week in Spring!
- Spring Integration ninja Artem Bilan just announced Spring Integration 5.0.M3. The new release includes an integration test framework, speed improvements, support for the Spring 5 reactive
WebClient, retroactive restoration of file trees when using the (S)FTP and AWS S3 inbound adapters, a smarter SOAP web-services gateway, and much more.
- Spring Integration lead Gary Russell just announced Spring for Apache Kafka 1.2.0 and 1.1.4
- Andy Wilkinson just debuted a look at the new Gradle Spring Boot 2.0 plugin
- In last week’s Spring Tips, I looked at how to stand up a Spring Cloud Security-powered OAuth auth service.
- Spring AMQP lead Gary Russell just announced Spring AMQP 2.0.0M3, packed with new features supporting testing, smarter handling for
nullmessages, and so much more.
- Are you going to be at not-to-miss OSCON event in Austin, TX? We’d love to see you! I’ll be there, too!
- I enjoyed revisting this video from the Cloud Foundry launch event. My memory is hazy, but that event — I think — was April 11th, and uploaded on April 12th. Either way, happy birthday Cloud Foundry! You’ve changed the world with style.
- Jared Ruckle has a great look all the new features in PCF 1.10 — check it out!
- if you want to learn more about our thinking about taking Cloud Foundry to market, you’ll love this a16z podcast with one of Pivotal’s visionaries, James Watters.
- I liked this quick look by Gaurav Rai Mazra at using Spring Data JPA with an embedded database.
- Andreas Falk has a nice article on securing Spring and Angular.js applications.
- the Baeldung site has done yet another very interesting look at the trends in Java, pointing again to the continued growth of Spring Boot and Java 8 — good news!
- just a friendly reminder, Alibaba uses Spring throughout and AliExpress, which serves 100+ million uses, is using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- I hope you’ll join me and many others at Voxxed Days Singapore.
- Alex Falappa hints at some of the very cool new support for Apache NetBeans.
- Stefan Rempfer put together a nice example of using Spring Cloud Zuul with Vaadin.
- I love this blog by Robert Kapala on how they migrated their investment bank to Spring Boot.
- Jonas Hecht put together a nice post on running Spring Boot applications on Windows using Ansible.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.