Welcome to another installation of This Week in Spring!
- Spring Integration ninja Artem Bilan just announced Spring Integration 5.0.M3. The new release includes an integration test framework, speed improvements, support for the Spring 5 reactive
WebClient, retroactive restoration of file trees when using the (S)FTP and AWS S3 inbound adapters, a smarter SOAP web-services gateway, and much more.
- Spring Integration lead Gary Russell just announced Spring for Apache Kafka 1.2.0 and 1.1.4
- Andy Wilkinson just debuted a look at the new Gradle Spring Boot 2.0 plugin
- In last week’s Spring Tips, I looked at how to stand up a Spring Cloud Security-powered OAuth auth service.
- Spring AMQP lead Gary Russell just announced Spring AMQP 2.0.0M3, packed with new features supporting testing, smarter handling for
nullmessages, and so much more.
- Are you going to be at not-to-miss OSCON event in Austin, TX? We’d love to see you! I’ll be there, too!
- I enjoyed revisting this video from the Cloud Foundry launch event. My memory is hazy, but that event — I think — was April 11th, and uploaded on April 12th. Either way, happy birthday Cloud Foundry! You’ve changed the world with style.
- Jared Ruckle has a great look all the new features in PCF 1.10 — check it out!
- if you want to learn more about our thinking about taking Cloud Foundry to market, you’ll love this a16z podcast with one of Pivotal’s visionaries, James Watters.
- I liked this quick look by Gaurav Rai Mazra at using Spring Data JPA with an embedded database.
- Andreas Falk has a nice article on securing Spring and Angular.js applications.
- the Baeldung site has done yet another very interesting look at the trends in Java, pointing again to the continued growth of Spring Boot and Java 8 — good news!
- just a friendly reminder, Alibaba uses Spring throughout and AliExpress, which serves 100+ million uses, is using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- I hope you’ll join me and many others at Voxxed Days Singapore.
- Alex Falappa hints at some of the very cool new support for Apache NetBeans.
- Stefan Rempfer put together a nice example of using Spring Cloud Zuul with Vaadin.
- I love this blog by Robert Kapala on how they migrated their investment bank to Spring Boot.
- Jonas Hecht put together a nice post on running Spring Boot applications on Windows using Ansible.