This Week in Spring: Halloween Edition
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! Can you believe we're already staring down November? I can't! (We're just two months away from the new year!) This week, I'm in Chicago for meetings, and then — finally — I'm off to San Francisco and see the family. Then, it's off to Europe for the Devoxx Ukraine and Devoxx Belgium events. I can't wait to see everyone there!
I'm particularly looking forward to spending Halloween (on the 31st of October) in San Francisco with my kid. The entire family, including the dog, have Halloween costumes. We're ready! (I'm going dressed as an application server!)
Alright, my friends, we've got tons of things to get to, so let's get started!
- Have you seen our Spring Cloud Data Flow microsite?
- Announcing Spring Cloud Stream Horsham.RC1 (3.0.0.RC1)
- Spring Cloud Hoxton.RC1 is out now.
- Spring Cloud Open Service Broker 3.1.0.M3 was released.
- Spring Cloud Stream — and Spring Integration: check it out!
- Netflix Built its Application Generator to Boost Dev Productivity. Here's How You Can, Too.
- In last week's A Bootiful Podcast, I interviewed Apache Tomcat, Netty, and Spring Framework contributor Violeta Georgieva. She's a legend and I was so happy to have had the opportunity to talk to her!
- If you liked that interview, you should check out one of Violeta Georgieva's talks, like this one: Benefits of Reactive Programming with Reactor and Spring Boot 2
- Spring Tools 4.4.1 was released.
- Spring Vault 2.2.0.RC1 and 2.1.4.RELEASE is available now.
- The Reactive Revolution at SpringOne Platform 2019 (part 2/N)
- Have you tried out the Spring Boot support in Visual Studio Code?
- It's almost Halloween! Is there anything scarier than PHP? We don't know, but we wanted to get in on the fun, so we made my second favorite place on the internet (start.Spring.io), after production, a little more... spooky... in time for the holiday: Boooo(t)!. Great job to Damien Vitrac and the Spring Initializr design team!
- Spring co-founder Juergen Hoeller and I were interviewed at the Joker conference in St. Petersburg, Russia
- I love that there are so many Spring Cloud books in Taiwan! I only wish I could read them... one day!
- You can build your application generator, like the Spring Initializr. See how in this epic guide by Ben Wilcock!
- Hooray! We just released Spring Tools 4.4.1, introducing the re-designed mechanism to show live information from your running Spring application
- Introducing FxWeaver, a small library to help weave JavaFX FXML views with Spring support. It comes with a Spring Boot, JavaFX, FXML, and FxWeaver example. I may need to update my Spring Tips video on using Spring Boot and JavaFX!
- This is an interesting Spring Boot + Freemarker tutorial — check it out!
- Check out this great video by Ryan Baxter and Alexandre Roman on using Spring and Kubernetes together.
- There's nice new support for visualizing metrics with Spring Cloud Circuit Breaker and Resilience4J.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.