This Week in Spring: Spring Tips, Tutorials, Releases, and More
Another week, another batch of news to get through in the world of Spring!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring. I’ve just returned from Montreal, Canada, and tomorrow, I’m off to Dallas, Texas, for customer visits. This time of year is marked by pronounced climate changes and the optimism for a new year ahead. I love it. That optimism is certainly visible in today’s roundup. We’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- You know, I never know what people will find interesting in our wonderful community! It’s for this reason that I try to cover as many topics as possible in the Spring Tips series. The latest installment has proven to be popular! Almost 100 likes no YouTube as of this writing. In it, I look at business process management with the Apache 2 licensed Flowable BPMN and CMMN engine.
- The Spring Framework team just migrated from JIRA to GitHub issues. It was not easy. Read here to learn about what and how it happened.
- Spring Session Bean-SR2, Apple-SR8, and 1.3.5 are out now!
- Spring Cloud Task 2.1.0.RC1 is now available.
- I’m continuing my six-part series looking at how to use Spring with Azure. This is the third of six installments looking at how to scale data access with CosmosDB. In the fourth installment, published yesterday, we looked at Messaging and Integration with Azure Service Bus.
- Spring Boot 2.1.2 release
- Spring Boot 2.0.8 release
- Spring Boot 1.5.19
- Spring Security 5.1.3, 5.0.11, 4.2.11 release
- Spring CredHub 2.0.0 release
- Spring Data Lovelace SR4, Kay SR13, and Ingalls SR18 released
- Composed Function Support in Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Spring Framework 5.1.4, 5.0.12, and 4.3.22 are available now!
- We’d love it if you’d take our survey on Spring Cloud Stream.
- Ditto for our survey on Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Want to meet the Spring Boot team? They’re in NYC and hanging out!
- Piotr has a nice post on building microservices with Spring Boot and Kotlin.
- Steven van Beelen has updated the Axon article on the Baeldung blog to reflect version 4.0 of Axon. Check it out!
- Here is an interesting post by Arnold Galovics on deploying a simple Spring Boot with MySQL app to AWS using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Here is a look into Spring Cloud Gateway.
- Do you know what will be fun? The SpringOne Tour in London on March 18-19. Join us!
- Spring Data ninja Mark Paluch has chimed in with some good news: Test Containers are working on R2DBC support.
- An oldie but a goodie from the Baeldung blog: how to access a
Filefrom the classpath in a Spring application.
- The Apache RocketMQ looks at the roadmap of Spring and Apache RocketMQ integration, thanks to the work of the Spring community!
- How do you build reactive web apps using Spring Boot and Vaadin? This tutorial shows you how from scratch.
- I love this ultimate guide to Visual Studio Code for Java in 2019 by Microsoft’s Bruno Borges
- How to deploy your Cloud Foundry app with (almost) zero fear using Travis CI.
- A friendly reminder that people are seeing significant performance improvements in Spring Boot 2.1.
- This is super cool: Eirini enables pluggable scheduling. Choose whether Cloud Foundry Application runtime should use Diego or Kubernetes to orchestrate applications.
- Marco Behler looks at Spring Boot “Properties” magic — check it out!
- Don’t miss this upcoming webinar on application security on Pivotal CF.
- This is an oldie-but-a-goodie: check out Rob Winch’s awesome talk about Reactive Spring Security.
- Check out an interesting post on understanding Spring Boot starters and tools.
- Here is another fine installment of this Month in RabbitMQ — Jan 8, 2019
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.