This Week in Spring: March 12th
Another busy week for the Spring platform summed up in one handy post.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to another instalment of This Week in Spring! This week I’m in Bruhl, Germany for the amazing JavaLand show, then it’s off to Scotland to visit a large customer, and then it’s off to Romania for Voxxed Days Bucharest. If you’re in any of those places, I’d love to connect!
- Spring ninja Stephane Nicoll introduces some of the niceties in Spring framework 4.3
- Do not miss Micah Silverman’s upcoming webinar introducing the amazing Stormpath and Spring/Spring Boot-based integration and Auto-configuration. Stormpath is an epic identity provider as-a-service. It’s ideal for cloud-based applications.
- Spring IO Platform lead Andy Wilkinson just announced Spring IO Platform 2.0.3
- JavaCodeGeeks has posted Srujana Cherukuri’s fantastic introduction to using Spring Boot
- Want to use Spring Boot on Openshift?
- I dig this post explaining how to upgrade from Neo4J 4.0 to 4.1
- Spring Data Redis now supports Redis Cluster
- there’s a lot of good stuff in the upcoming JUnit 5: get the bits, kick the tires and go!
- If you’re using Apache Wicket, there’s a discussion on it over at InfoQ and, as we learn in that article, there’s apparently a Spring Boot Auto-configuration, too! The Auto-configuration seems a bit odd, in that it replaces some of the normal things you see in a Spring Boot application but it looks easy enough to get working.
- we’re planning our big SpringOne Platform conference and it’s going to be amazing! We hope you’ll join us! If you’ve got a story to tell, then please, by all means, submit your talk! by 3/24!
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.