Welcome to another instalment of This Week in Spring! We’ve got a lot to look at so let’s get to it!
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch just released Spring Security LDAP 2.2RC1.
- Spring Integration lead Gary Russell just announced Spring Integration and Spring AMQP release candidates; get the bits now!
- Spring Data ninja Thomas Risberg just released Spring Cloud Data Flow for Kubernetes 1.1.M1.
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke announced Spring Data Hopper SR4 and Spring Data Gosling SR6.
- Spring Statemachine lead Janne Valkealahti just announced Spring Statemachine 1.2.0M1.
- I liked this GR8Conf talk by Jenn Strater on a test-driven approach to documenting REST APIs with Spring REST Docs.
- This German language news roundup ever so briefly looks at Spring 5 and Rod Johnson’s new endeavor, Atomist.
- JAXenter interviewed me, as well.
- Check out what’s coming in Netflix Zuul’s future in this nice InfoQ post.
- EMC’s Paul Warren has some interesting projects you might dig: check out Ginkgo4j do a BDD and Ginkgo-style test using Java and check out his Spring Data extensions to support arbitrary blob storage.
Also, I wanted to note the loss today of Pieter Hintjens, who — among his many contributions to the world — was the original designer of what would become the AMQP protocol that powers RabbitMQ. Rest in peace, Pieter.