This Week in Spring: Releases, Cloud, Spring Boot Tutorials, and More
As we wrap up 2019, we take a closer look at the last tutorials and releases of Spring this year!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Can you believe — I can’t — that we’re already in December? The last month before the new year? The last month of this decade? It defies belief! I can’t even imagine how we got this far so quickly, but it’s great that we did. I started writing This Week in Spring in the first week of January 2011, so we’re fast approaching 9 years of This Week in Spring!
As I write this, I am in Toronto, Canada, for the last stop on the SpringOne Tour train for 2019. I enjoyed giving a two-hour talk introducing all sorts of stuff in the wide world of Reactive Spring yesterday. Now, I am just biding my time, preparing for my departure to Australia later today. I am off to Australia for two stops on the YOW! conference circuit. I wholely look forward to seeing everyone there!
Among other things, I am using my free time to prepare my Azure Spring Cloud talk for my upcoming December 5 webinar. If you haven’t already registered, you should! There’s so much to talk about in this brand new offering between Microsoft Azure, Pivotal, and of course, the Spring team, and you shouldn’t miss it!
As usual, friends, we’ve got a ton of stuff to get to, so let’s dive right in!
- Stream Processing with Spring Cloud Stream and Apache Kafka Streams. Part 1 - Programming Model
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Tools lead Martin Lippert
- Spring Cloud Hoxton is out now!
- Spring Integration AWS 2.3 GA and Spring Cloud Stream Kinesis Binder 2.0 GA is now available.
- Getting Started With Spring Boot Kubernetes — be sure to check this one out!
- Spring Cloud Open Service Broker 3.1.0 is out now.
- This is an interesting post about the RSocket Broker Use Cases in Alibaba Cloud.
- R2DBC is now GA! Wooohoo!
- Here's a Spring Boot tutorial on role-based security with JAX-RS annotations.
- Check out Spring Data's recent status on Twitter.
- Check out this sixth installment on building Reactive Spring Boot – Displaying Reactive Data.
- Check out this thread on GitHub: making/rsc: RSocket Client CLI (RSC) that aims to be a curl for RSocket.
- Baeldung have updated their guide to Spring’s
- Learn more about migrating a microservice to Spring WebFlux.
- I like this (French-language) article on moving from Spring Cloud Netflix to the newer alternatives in Spring Cloud today — Désendettement de Spring Cloud Netflix
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.