This Week in Spring: Releases, Kotlin Support, and Spring Boot for Apache Kafka
Check out the latest news in Spring!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! I’m in beautiful Krakow for the epic Geecon show, and then, I’m off to the spectacular Barcelona, Spain, for the Spring I/O show. I hope to see you in both locations! It’s sure to be fun. Next week, it’s going to be even more crazy! I’m off to Zurich, Switzerland, for a visit with some customers, and then, it’s off again to Paris, France, for the Spring One Tour event there. Next, I'm off to Minsk, Belarus, for the VOXXED Days Minsk show (my first time there! I’m so excited!). And then, right after that, I'm off to Barcelona, Spain, for JBCN. If you’re at any of these events in the next 12 days, I’d love to chat!
- Spring Boot 1.5.21 is available now.
- Spring Data Moore M4, Lovelace SR8 and Ingalls SR22 are out!
- Spring Integration 5.2 Milestone 2 is available.
- Spring for Apache Kafka 2.3 Milestone 2 is here.
- Spring AMQP (Spring for RabbitMQ) 2.2 Milestone 2 — check it out.
- Spring Integration AWS 2.2 GA and Spring Cloud Stream Kinesis Binder 1.2 is available.
- Spring Framework 5.2.0.M2, 5.1.7, 5.0.14 and 4.3.24 available now!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Kotlin team engineer Roman Elisarov
- Spring Tips: Reactive Web Views
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode and Pivotal GemFire 1.1.0.M1 was released!
- Want to learn more about Kotlin? Check out this two-part talk that Dr. Venkat Subramaniam and I did at Devnexus. It introduces Kotlin and demonstrates the concepts in terms of APIs in Spring. Here’s the first part and the second part.
- Using Spring Cloud and wanting to figure out how to integrate some of these technologies for .NET-based projects? Check out this talk on Steeltoe.
- Spring Boot contributor Stéphane Nicoll tweets that the next Spring Boot 2.2 milestone adds out-of-the-box support for JUnit 5 (whilst keeping compatibility with JUnit 4 via the vintage engine). Good stuff!
- The new Java magazine is out, featuring an article about the work Sebastien Deleuze is doing with Spring Fu.
Published at DZone with permission of Joshua Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.