This Week in Spring: Releases, News, Tutorials
There's a lot of exciting news in the wonderful world of Spring!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! I'm in Sydney, Australia, where I'll begin my tour of Australia, Singapore, Korea, China, and Japan for the Pivotal Summit. I'll also be doing a Reactive Tour (nested inside the Pivotal Summit Tour) while in China. if you're in any of the aforementioned countries, or in the Chinese cities of Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Beijing, and Shanghai, then don't hesitate to say hi! (@starbuxman).
Anyway, my friends, we've got a lot to get to so let's get to it!
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode and Pivotal GemFire 1.1.3.RELEASE and 1.2.1.RELEASE is available.
- A Bootiful Podcast: Michael Simons on Spring Boot, reactive Spring Data Neo4j, and more
- Spring Vault 2.2 goes GA
- Spring Boot 2.2.1 is available now.
- SpringOne Platform 2019 Editor's Picks
- Spring Integration Extensions Releases — check it out!
- A nice talk over on InfoQ: Platforms Demystified: Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Eirini, and Knative
- Spring Boot Integration Test Example from HowToDoInJava
- Spring Cloud Gateway with OpenID Connect and Token Relay - JDriven Blog
- Microservices with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Gateway and Consul Cluster from Piotr's TechBlog
- GitHub — quick-perf/quickperf: QuickPerf is a testing library for Java providing annotations to quickly evaluate some performance properties.
- Just a friendly reminder that most of your favorite NoSQL datastores now have reactive Spring Data implementations supporting non-blocking interactions with the datastores.
- Are you going to be in Beijing, Hangzhou, Shanghai, and Shenzhen? Join me and my friends from Alibaba and Netifi for our Reactive Tour 2019
- Want to learn more about Azure Spring Cloud? Join me for a webinar on December 5th; come for the Spring but stay for production.
- I really enjoyed Microsoft's Bruno Borges' talk on Spring Cloud on Azure.
- Check out Sébastien Deleuze's Devoxx 2019 talk on running Spring Boot applications as GraalVM native images.
- CVE-2019-15225/15226: Envoy 1.11.1 Vulnerability Fixes — you don't want to miss these!
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Exploratory Testing Tutorial: A Comprehensive Guide With Examples and Best Practices
Auto-Scaling Kinesis Data Streams Applications on Kubernetes
What Is React? A Complete Guide
Tomorrow’s Cloud Today: Unpacking the Future of Cloud Computing