This Week in Spring: Spring 5 and Spring Boot + Docker + Windows
Another week of announcements for Spring, including a look at reactive JDBC, and see how you can combine Spring Boot, Docker, and Windows.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
- Spring Security ninja Joe Grandja has just announced the new Spring Security OAuth 2.1.1 and 2.0.4.
- Spring Cloud Data Flow engineer Gunnar Hillert just announced Spring Cloud Data Flow 1.2.1.
- Spring Cloud co-founder Spencer Gibb just announced Spring Cloud Dalston SR1.
- I liked Jonas Hecht’s post looking at how to run Spring Boot on Docker Windows.
- I loved this post from RedHat engineer Sébastien Blanc on using Keycloak, their OAuth-aware identity provider, with Spring Boot applications. Keycloak is also supported on the Spring Initializr.
- The Docker blog also has a nice post by Sophia Parafina on running a Spring Boot application in a Docker container.
- The Pivotal engineering blog has a nice post by Ian Fisher on the must-know Spring Boot annotations.
- The IBM DeveloperWorks blog has a nice post on building Spring Boot applications.
- I really liked this post by Aboullaite Mohammed on using the Spring Boot Actuator.
- the MemoryNotFound blog has a nice post on using the
@ConfigurationPropertiesannotation in a Spring Boot application.
- Grygoriy Gonchar looks at the implications for doing reactive JDBC (even if it’s just a facade around fundamentally blocking APIs) with Spring 5’s Reactor support.
- The All and Sundry blog has a nice look at writing a ratio-aware proxy using Spring Cloud Netflix Zuul to ease the migration to a new service.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.