This Week in Spring: Spring 5 RC1 and Reactive Redis
In the newest installment of This Week in Spring, we've got some great news regarding Spring 5 and Reactive Redis as wel as a nice reminder about Spring Cloud Contract.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Now, time for the news:
- Spring Framework 5 RC1 is now available!
- Spring Integration lead Gary Russell just announced Spring AMQP 2.0M4 is now available.
- Spring Cloud ninja Ryan Baxter just announced Spring Cloud Camden SR7 has been released.
- I liked this short-but-sweet look at the Pivotal Cloud Cache on Pivotal Cloud Foundry, in terms of a Spring Boot application.
- Periodic reminder: Spring Cloud Contract helps you solve the problem of integration testing distributed systems — don’t sleep on this!
- Spring ninja Stéphane Nicoll announced that there is now a starter for Reactive Redis support on the Spring Initializr.
- I really enjoyed this discussion of the benefits of self-contained services (as compared to microservices) on InfoQ.
- Kamala Dasika has put together a nice look going upstack when applying the 3 Rs of security.
- The new Spring Cloud Data Flow page has a very convenient getting-started experience.
- Praneeth Ramesh did a nice job introducing Cloud Foundry for developers.
- I liked this post by Michael Simons digging into what makes a Spring Boot starter.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.