This Week in Spring: Spring Boot, jOOQ, and the Future of Enterprise Java
In the newest installment of This Week in Spring, let's dive into articles on Spring Boot, jOOQ, enterprise Java, and integrating Spring with other tech.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week, I’m in Atlanta, Georgia, for the incredible DevNexus event, and then it’s off to Geneva, Switzerland, for the Voxxed CERN event. As usual, don’t hesitate to say “Hi” if you’re around!
- Thomas Risberg just announced Spring Cloud Data Flow 1.2.M1
- Spring IO Platform lead Andy Wilkinson has just announced the Spring IO Platform Brussels release which introduces Spring Kafka to the release train and updates several others.
- InfoQ’s Charles Humble takes a look at the future of Enterprise Java via the lens of the Geoffrey Moore’s Chasm metaphor in this article.
- Last week, in another installment of Spring Tips, we looked at how to use JOOQ with Spring Boot.
- Using Java FX? This nice post by Gregg Bolinger shows how to use Spring with JavaFX, and have it be your controller factory.
- Check out community hero Michael Simons’ German-language JAX talk introducing Spring Boot starters.
- Deepak Tyagi put together a nice post on building applications that carry on in the face of a cache failure using the Spring Cache abstraction.
- Aboullaite Mohammed put together an interesting look at using JWT with Spring Boot. It’s a good first cut!
- Want to test against an in-memory MongoDB database? This Brazillian-language blog explaining how to use Spring Boot and Fongo might be just for you.
- Matt McCandless does a nice job introducing Spring Boot in this post: “Just put them on and lace them up!”
- Interesting post on the OpenShift blog on how to use Spring Boot and their Hawkular APM tool.
- This is an interesting look at using Spring Boot with Hazelcast.
- Dhiraj Ray explains how to use Spring MVC (in a Spring Boot application) with Apache Tiles.
- Christoph Burmeister looks at how to load-balance Spring Boot applications with Nginx.
- This DZone post introduces basic dependency injection with Spring.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.