This Week in Spring: Spring Cloud, Microservices, and More
This week in Spring, learn more about Spring Cloud, microservices, and more.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week, I’ve been in beautiful Sao Paolo, Brazil, for QCon Sao Paolo. Then, it’s off to Devoxx UK in London. As usual, lots of good stuff to get to, so let’s get to it!
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode and Pivotal GemFire 1.0.0.RELEASE are now available!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring Cloud Engineer Olga Maciaszek-Sharma — be sure to check it out.
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.0.0.RC2 is out!
- Interesting thread on Reddit.com: Docker and Spring Boot done properly?
- Spring Cloud Introduces Pluggable Circuit-Breaker Interface
- Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud. This is part three of a series titled: “From Config Server to OAuth2 Server (Without In-Memory Things)”
- JPA or SQL in a Spring Boot Application? Why Not Both?
- DZone has my Spring Tips installment on WebMvc.fn up and it was a good reminder that people might like to see this!
- This is kind of interesting — it looks at the Spring Cloud Hystrix integration. If I were building new software today, I’d start with the Spring Cloud Circuit Breaker abstraction, though.
- Baeldung has updated their epic post on using Spring Cloud Data Flow with Apache Spark. Check it out!
Published at DZone with permission of Joshua Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.