This Week in Spring: Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, and Spring Metrics
This week in Spring, there's a bunch of news regarding Spring Cloud, a new project called Spring Metrics and, as always, a lot about Spring Boot!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I’m in Perth, Australia, for the amazing YOW! West conference, talking to developers about building cloud native Java applications. If you’re around, say hi. As usual, we’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- Spring IO lead Andy Wilkinson has announced Spring IO Platform Athens-SR5. He also announced Spring IO Platform Brussels-SR2.
- Spring Session lead Rob Winch just announced Spring Session 1.3.1.
- Spring Integration lead and all around great human Gary Russell just announced Spring for Apache Kafka 2.0M1.
- Spring Cloud ninja Glenn Renfro just announced Spring Cloud Task 1.2.0.
- I loved (in case you were unclear about the sentiment I have for this post!) this look at real time sentiment analysis with TensorFlow and Spring Cloud Data Flow.
- The results of this months’ ZeroTurnaround web framework report are not too surprising: Spring MVC is in a distant lead, then JSF and GWT, then Spring Boot.
- This post, “Bootiful Development with Spring Boot and Angular,” on the Okta blog, is another gem by our buddy Matt Raible.
- Check out the ZT (short for ZeroTurnaround) Live replay for an epic look at Reactive Spring by Spring WebFlux engineer Sebastien Deleuze.
- Spring Cloud engineer Jon Schneider is cooking up some very cool stuff, and it might be an indication of future direction. Who knows!? But you should definitely check out his project, Spring Metrics.
- My buddy Matt Raible and I looked at building progressive web applications with Spring Boot and Angular.js at our recent two-parter talks at Devoxx France 2017: part 1 and part 2. This was so much fun! Merci mille fois, Devoxx France! Thank you Devoxx France for letting us do these sessions!
- I did an interview with the amazing Software Engineering Daily Podcast on Spring Boot. It was a lot of fun being on there. I listen to the podcast regularly and really appreciate the opportunity!
- I liked this post by Alex Soto on using Arquillian to test Spring Data applications.
- This is an interesting post on discovering an microservices exposed port in a Docker container. Seems... painful. I’m glad it’s so thoroughly documented and articulated here, though! Good stuff!
Spring Framework Spring Cloud Spring Boot Metric (unit)
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.