This Week in Spring: SpringOne, Google Cloud, and Apache Geode
Want to learn more about the latest happenings in Spring? Check out this post to learn more about SpringOne, Google Cloud, and Apache Geode.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans, and welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! If you’re in the US, I hope you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend. I certainly did, gorging on the San Francisco sun and preparing for my O’Reilly online training for tomorrow, Bootiful Kotlin. I’m also busily preparing for the epic SpringOne Tour event in Istanbul, Turkey, customer visits in Atlanta, GA, and, of course, the epic tentpole SpringOne Platform event coming up later this month in Washington DC. If you’re around, I sure hope to see you!
Well, let’s get to it!
- In this fifth installment of my series looking at Spring Cloud GCP for Google Cloud, I introduce Google Cloud’s support for runtime configuration and how to use it for Spring Cloud applications.
- Spring Data for Apache Geode lead, John Blum, has just announced Spring Boot for Apache Geode and Pivotal GemFire 1.0.0.M2!
- Spring Data for Apache Geode lead, John Blum, also just announced Spring Session for Apache Geode 2.0.5 and 2.1.0.M1
- Spring Security ninja Josh Cummings just announced the auto-configuration for Spring Security OAuth2 Boot Auto-config, 2.0.4 and 2.1.0.M2.
- Vick Kelkar has a nice post on using Redis Enterprise’s Kubernetes release on Pivotal Container Service.
- Prasanth Mohan has a nice post on using Spring Boot with RabbitMQ.
- This is pretty interesting: —Emil Forslund looks at using the Speedment Free version and the
spring-generatorto generate a complete Spring application to serve a simple REST API
- Why is Pivotal’s DOJO so good? – The Journal Blog
- It’s time to put a spotlight on ZGC and dim Nashorn’s star: Java influencers weigh in - JAXenter
- I’m speaking with the amazing Trisha Gee, fellow Java Champion and legend, at Oracle’s CodeOne conference later this year. We’ll be talking about reactive Spring, Kotloin, MongoDB and JavaFX. I did a quick promotional video for Oracle that you can watch here.
- In this fourth installment of my series looking at Spring Cloud GCP and Google Cloud, I looked at integration with Google Cloud Pub/Sub and Spring Cloud.
- Check out the status of the Spring projects so you can see what’s coming and who’s doing what!
Published at DZone with permission of Joshua Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.