This Week in Spring: SpringOne Platform 2019 Edition
It's here, it's finally here — SpringOne Platform 2019!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
It's here; it's finally here! My favorite time of the year! Happy SpringOne Platform week! This week, I'm in the amazing Austin, TX, talking to anybody who wants to know about all things Spring. There have been a ton of amazing things announced at this show, but one thing I've been excited to share with y'all is that we just announced the new Azure Spring Cloud runtime. (More on that in the links below!)
I've been busy! I'm doing one talk with Microsoft on Azure Spring Cloud, and another with Okta /Google on simplifying the dev lifecycle. Also, I'm hosting the keynote tomorrow morning. So much to do, so little time!
I feel like this is a worthwhile time to mention how grateful I am that you're all out there. This community is the biggest and the best and I am forever grateful to be a part of it. I'm so glad that I get to meet so many of you this week at this show. Without you, this wouldn't be possible!
And, without further ado, let's get to this week's extra packed and extra special installment. There are so many projects that happened to go GA just before SpringOne, so don't miss this incredible list!
- We are so pleased to finally be able to announce the Azure Spring Cloud runtime option! Azure Spring Cloud is a partnership between Microsoft and Pivotal to provide a fully-managed environment to build and run Spring Cloud-powered microservices. It includes easy access to the Spring Cloud Config Server, the Eureka service registry, as well as other best-in-breed components like CosmosDB (a drop-in replacement for a good many MongoDB applications) and Microsoft SQL Server. This is huge news! I'm at SpringOne Platform 2019 and doing a joint session with Microsoft's Julien Dubois to announce the details. Here is the Pivotal blog on the partnership, too.
- What's new in Spring Data Moore?
- Spring Cloud Hoxton.M3 is now available!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Oracle's Geertjan Wielenga on his new book "Developer, Advocate!" The book has a chapter all about yours truly and — despite that — is still a great read for anyone pursuing a career in developer advocacy. And if you are, I hope you'll join me in advocating for bootiful applications, too!
- Spring Boot for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 1.1.2.RELEASE and 1.2.0.RC1 are available.
- Reactor Californium-SR12 is out now!
- Next week, I'll be in Amsterdam doing a talk — join me!
- Reactor Dysprosium (3.3.x) goes GA.
- Spring Boot 2.2.0 RC1 has been released!
- Spring for RabbitMQ (Spring AMQP) 2.2 is now available.
- Spring for Apache Kafka 2.3 is now available.
- Spring Boot 2.1.9 available now.
- Spring Session for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 2.1.6.RELEASE and 2.2.0.RC1 are available.
- Spring Integration 5.2 GA is now available.
- Spring Security 5.2 goes GA!
- Spring Data R2DBC 1.0 RC1 was released.
- Spring Data Moore goes GA!
- Reactive Gateways with Spring Cloud Gateway — check it out!
- Check out this tweet announcing the Azure Spring Cloud release.
- How to Run Apache Kafka with Spring Boot on Pivotal Application Service (PAS) — a great post from our friends at Confluent!
- Pivotal teamed up with Microsoft, Docker, HashiCorp, Bitnami, Pivotal, and many others to create Cloud Native Application Bundles (CNAB). CNAB is an open-source, cloud-agnostic package format specification for bundling and installing distributed applications.
- Create Neo4J nodes from Excel!
- Spring Cloud Loadbalancer now has its own starter.
- IBM's Billy Korando has a great post on using Spring Cloud Contract. Check it out!
- Azure Functions using Java Spring with CI/CD using Azure Pipelines- Part 2
- Unboxing new Microsoft Azure solutions at SpringOne Platform 2019 - Open Source Blog
- JAX-WS SOAP Webservice Authentication Example using Spring Boot - Roy Tutorials
- A Tutorial on Kafka With Spring Boot
- Thanks to Brian Devins, we now have support for SQS Messaging in Spring Cloud Sleuth.
- How to configure RSocket security in a Spring Boot application with Spring Security - Stack Overflow
- This thread by Rod Johnson inviting people to contribute elements of style when writing Spring Boot-based applications is pretty epic!
And lastly, here are your gratuitous selfies and tweets!
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
What Is mTLS? How To Implement It With Istio
13 Impressive Ways To Improve the Developer’s Experience by Using AI
An Overview of Kubernetes Security Projects at KubeCon Europe 2023
What Is Test Pyramid: Getting Started With Test Automation Pyramid