This Week in Spring: SpringOne Platform Wrap-Up, Tutorials, and More
Catch up on everything you missed at this year's SpringOne Platform.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! WHEW! What a week! Last week was the insane SpringOne Platform 2019 event, from which I am still recovering! Then I flew home, hosted my Spring team member, Micrometer lead, and friend, Tommy Ludwig in San Francisco, and prepared to fly out for meetings and user group appearances on Monday (in Stuttgart, Germany) and Tuesday (in Amsterdam).
However, I was prepared and getting into the Uber on my way to the San Francisco airport when I got a call from my brother saying my 81-year-old dad wasn’t doing well (thanks to everyone for the well wishes!) and was rushed to the hospital. I had to, regretfully, cancel my live appearances in those countries. I am SO sorry for those I disappointed. I was very happy to be able to do a few of those meetings remotely. Thanks to everyone who indulged me and supported me as I flew to Los Angeles to be with my father.
Anyway, friends, tons of stuff to get to this week!
- Spring Cloud Stream: Demystified and Simplified — check it out!
- Spring Initializr 0.8.0 is available now.
- A Bootiful Podcast: Spring mad scientist Andy Clement on AspectJ, SpEL, Eclipse, Graal, and more!
- Azure Spring Cloud: A New Way to Run Spring Boot Apps Atop Kubernetes
- Want to see a really compelling demo for Pivotal PAS (a CLoud Foundry distro)? Watch Dick’s Sporting Goods show you how it’s done.
- Pivotal and Microsoft are introducing preview versions of Azure Spring Cloud (Dutch article).
- As usual, I love the updates being done in the Spring Boot support for Netbeans.
- I love the Jetbrains team’s Roman Elizarov’s epic explainer on all things Kotlin and coroutines!
- Add Real-time to your Java App with Azure SignalR Service — check it out!
- Learn more about Azure Spring Cloud and sign up for the private beta.
- Spring Data JPA Projection support for native queries. Be sure to check this out, too!
- Last week, Dr. Syer, Juergen Hoeller and I hung out at the Azure Spring Cloud booth at SpringOne Platform 2019. It was fun. And production-centric!
- I love this interview with, among others Joe Beda and James Watters; enjoy!
- I had so much fun emceeing the keynote presentation this year at SpringOne Platform. Thanks everyone for making it fun, despite my terrible jokes! I also got to hang out with some of my favorite people.
- Interesting post on Azure Spring Cloud on the Register: through the winds of winter, Microsoft sees a dream of spring… Azure Spring Cloud, that is.x
- Want to know why Netflix is using Spring Boot?
- Want a great recap of a lot of the content from last week at the SpringOne Platform? Check out the tweets from @aclairefication. I did! That’s how I learned that, according to Stephane Maldini, the Spring team cloned me and sent me all around the world! I HAVE A CLONE! WOOHOOO!!
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
What Is React? A Complete Guide
Tomorrow’s Cloud Today: Unpacking the Future of Cloud Computing
Execution Type Models in Node.js
Getting Started With the YugabyteDB Managed REST API