This Week in Spring: Thanksgiving Edition
Check out this year's Thanksgiving edition of ''This Week in Spring.''
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to yet another installment of This Week in Spring! This week, I’m in Tokyo, Japan, for the Pivotal Summit Japan event. I’ve regretfully had to miss the China and Korea events because of a family emergency, so it’s nice to be able to make this, the last stop on the tour, before returning to California to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.
And, on that note… it’s almost Thanksgiving in the US. Thanksgiving is a time for us in the US to reflect on that for which we’re thankful. I think I speak for the entire Spring team when I say that we are very grateful for you all, dear (worldwide) community! Happy Thanksgiving, all!
And now, without further ado, let’s get to it.
- Spring Cloud Task 2.2.1 GA is now available
- Announcing the release of Spring Cloud Stream Horsham (3.0.0.RELEASE)
- Announcing the release of Spring Cloud Function 3.0.0.RELEASE
- Check out last week’s A Bootiful Podcast; I interviewed Spring Security engineer Ria Stein. You can subscribe to the podcast on Spotify, Google Play, and iTunes, among others.
- Spring Security: Lambda DSL — check it out!
- Spring Tools 4.4.2 was released.
- The easiest way to try Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes: Vagrantfile for Eirini on microk8s.
- It’s official! Eirini 1.0 — supporting Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes — is now available!
- Claes Redestad’s looks at OpenJDK Startup Times. If ever there was a compelling reason to ugprade, this is it! Free speed!
- Azure Spring Cloud at Microsoft Ignite — click here to learn more!
- Not particularly related to Spring, but super interesting, Confluent CEO and co-founder Jay Kreps tweets about the introduction of ksqlDB, a database from the folks behind Apache Kafka!
- Our very own Toshiaki Maki has tweeted about something near and dear to me: the evolution of banners in Spring Boot.
- The Microsft blog has a great listing of reasons to move to Java 11 (as if you needed any more!)
- This tutorial seems interesting: Reactive Spring Boot, Part 2: A REST Client for Reactive Streams.
- Here's a great article illustrating Spring Boot CRUD operations with Hibernate.
- This is a nice look at rate limiting with Redis and Spring Cloud Gateway.
Published at DZone with permission of Josh Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Revolutionizing Algorithmic Trading: The Power of Reinforcement Learning
Operator Overloading in Java
Redefining DevOps: The Transformative Power of Containerization
Authorization: Get It Done Right, Get It Done Early