This Week in Spring: Tons of Releases, Cloud Foundry, Spring Security
This week in Spring, we cover tons of new Spring releases, Cloud Foundry, and more.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Hi, Spring fans! Welcome to another sunny installment of This Week in Spring! Can you believe we're now staring down Q4 2019? How time flies!
As I write this, I'm sitting in the Radisson Blu hotel in Oslo, Norway, for the epic JavaZone show. I've got tons of wonderful memories at this hotel, often enjoyed with my friends on the Spring team over the course of many, many years. I love this show and am so glad to be back for the first time since 2015!
I landed today, recorded a few episodes of Spring Tips (new season starting soon!), took an ill-timed nap, and now here we are! We've got a ton to cover, so let's get to it!
- Spring Boot 2.2.0.M6 is out!
- Spring Session for Apache Geode & Pivotal GemFire 2.2.0.M4 available now.
- Spring Data Moore RC3 was released.
- Spring Security 5.2.0.RC1 is out now.
- Spring Cloud Data Flow 2.3.0.M1 and 2.2.1 GA was released!
- A Bootiful Podcast: Gary Russell — go listen to it now.
- Spring Boot 2.1.8 available now!
- Spring HATEOAS 1.0.0.RC2 was released.
- Spring Framework 5.2 RC2 available now!
- With its Kubernetes bet paying off, Cloud Foundry doubles down on developer experience.
- A friendly reminder that Cloud Foundry is one of the biggest open-source projects out there!
- This Month in RabbitMQ — learn all the latest happenings in RabbitMQ.
- Using Spring Security With Azure Active Directory
- Spring Data JDBC is now available from the Spring Initializr — hooray!
- Cool to see our Micrometer project play such a key role in this article on metrics for microservices
- This is a cool article on how to write custom filters with Spring Cloud Gateway.
- We’re making so much progress! Did you know that our Spring Framework documentation now has Java and Kotlin examples for everything in the Core section?
Published at DZone with permission of Joshua Long, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.