ElasticSearch 0.19 extension points
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Posted by Kelvin on 14 Jun 2012 at 01:52 am | Tagged as: Lucene / Solr / Elastic Search / Nutch
A list of the extension points exposed by ElasticSearch (as of 0.19.4)
- Analysis plugins - use different kinds of analyzers
- River plugins - A river is an external datasource which ES indexes
- Transport plugins - Different means of exposing ES API, e.g. Thrift, memcached
- Site plugins - for running various ES-related webapps, like the ES head admin webapp
- Custom REST endpoint - lets you define a REST action by extending BaseRestHandler.
- Scripting plugins - providing support for using different scripting languages as search scripts
- NativeScripts - loosely equivalent to Solr's FunctionQuery. Allows you to return "script fields", custom scores or perform search filtering.
As far as I can tell (from the source), there's no equivalent of Solr's SearchComponent, which allows you to modify the search request processing pipeline in an extremely flexible manner.
Published at DZone with permission of Kelvin Tan. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.